Monday, August 23, 2010

Why I believe in the Supernatural #16

by Tina McLain

I have felt the hand of God. It was about 15 years ago, I had just gone through a very controlling and abusive relationship. I lost everyone of my friends and wasn't in contact with my family because of this guy so I was feeling very alone and distraught. My girls were 2 years old and 4 years old, and they were the only part of my life that meant anything to me. So one day they were taking naps and I was sitting outside at a table smoking a cigerette and just lost it. I crying so hard I couldn't breathe. I started praying to God that I was done and couldn't do it any more I needed him so badly or I was going to end things. I really needed to know He was there. I stopped crying and started just staring out at nothing, All of a sudden I felt this peace come over me and I felt a hand on my left shoulder and I looked down and there was this kinda glowing hand there and I felt so comforted right then and there and I knew it was Gods, He had answered me and shown me a part of himself. I will never in my lifetime forget that. God is always with us. I had never been baptised and so the very next day I went to a church and asked to be baptised and was. I thank God every day.

For her birthday this year, Erin asked readers to send her their personal tales of why they believe in a supernatural world. A couple times a week, some of those submissions will appear here as a series. All stories appear with the author’s permission. We encourage you to comment on the stories and to continue sharing your own! Stories can be posted on Erin’s Facebook Fan Page or as comments on her Blog. Join the discussion!

No comments: