Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why I believe in the Supernatural #9

Story by Sarah Scales

My story that I want to share occurred during my teen years. I was having a hard time with everything...friends, boys, school, being different from the other teens as a Christian, etc. I was laying in bed praying one evening - just sharing my heartaches with my heavenly Daddy. I felt two big warm arms go around me in a wonderful, calming, comforting hug! It sounds so simple as I'm writing this, but was so awesome! It meant so much to me at that time and now. God cared for me in my teenage turmoil, which as I look back wasn't anything that unusual for a teenager. And so it helps me remember that He cares for me now as a married woman of 10 years with four kids ages 6 to 1. My challenges & heartaches now ...as a wife, a mom, as I home school my older two kids, as a friend who is lonely after a recent move... aren't that unusual but God is still always here for me and reaches out to comfort me. I wouldn't mind another one of His hugs right now!

For her birthday this year, Erin asked readers to send her their personal tales of why they believe in a supernatural world. A couple times a week, some of those submissions will appear here as a series. All stories appear with the author’s permission. We encourage you to comment on the stories and to continue sharing your own! Stories can be posted on Erin’s Facebook Fan Page or as comments on her Blog. Join the discussion!

No comments: