Friday, July 1, 2011

Story Hunting

I first learned about geocaching when Colleen Coble used it as a device in her thriller Abomination. And though I’ve never done it myself (I like my cozy indoor environments, thank you very much), the concept of finding treasures and then leaving behind new treasures for others to find intrigues me. Especially if it’s going to involve sharing story treasures, as this recent geocaching event in the Waterloo region of Canada did, at the Latitudes Storytelling Festival. Would you go treasure hunting for a good story somewhere other than your library?

2 comments:

Lori-Ann Livingston said...

Hey, thanks for posting about us! The story geocache has been relocated -- the park was a high muggle area. Appreciate the plug back then. Latitudes Storytelling Festival, Kitchener, Ont.

Erin Healy said...

Sorry you had to relocate, but I'm glad it's still going. This is an adventure I still haven't experienced myself. Perhaps someday ...