Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Why do you read suspense/thrillers?

I appreciate what everyone's been saying about the paranormal discussion. So far, you've articulated what I've been sensing, especially about definitions ("paranormal" vs. "miraculous"--thanks, Caitlyn). Some words are declared guilty by association, aren't they? No matter what we mean, the words we choose matter.

Taking the concept to a different level, I'm curious to hear from those of you who like to read paranormal, supernatural, fantastic, suspenseful, thrilling, (insert your adjective of choice here) stories. Porcelainsnow talked about why she likes vampire stories. I love a good metaphor! Why do you like books in this particular category? Who are your favorite suspense/thriller authors?What makes a story memorable to you? What makes you rave about a book to your friends? I've got a few books to write and know what I love to read, but if it also lines up with what you love to read, they'll be that much better. Thanks!

1 comment:

netsirK said...

Hey there
First I have to say that I just got done with reading Kiss and it was sooo good. Very well done!

I love the books I read (Ted Dekker books and the like) first of all because they're so well written and the plots are captivating. Also I love how they make me stop and think, challenge my perspective. They have such extreme conflicts between good and evil that I cannot forget it.

And on a side note, I'm so happy I found your blog! It's very cool. :)